Item Code: VA42093
Approx. Time Commitment: 2 people, 10-12 hours
Posts: 6″ diameter
Number of Boxes: 8
Imagine your home landscaping, complimented by the substantial Preston pergola, featuring round Tuscan columns and 100 square feet of refreshing shade.
Enjoy hosting your neighbourhood barbecue or your extended family birthday celebrations.
Need to control the amount of sunlight on your patio? Simply adjust the movable louvers to your satisfaction.
The Preston louvered pergola provides the perfect setting to relax, enjoy your surroundings and unwind.
More great news? The Preston needs no painting or staining…ever. Simply wash with a garden hose! And this is one investment that is guaranteed not to rot, crack, warp or turn yellow in the sun, for 20 years!
EXTRA MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE
Rafter/ Beam Support (Required)
2x6x10 (5x15x305cm) Pressure-Treated Boards for Beams and Rafters (10) (purchase at local building center)
If Mounting Pergola on Concrete or Wood Deck
4x4x8 (10x10x250cm) Pressure-Treated Wood Posts, cut down to 94“ (239cm) (4) (purchase at local building center)
If Mounting Pergola in Ground
4x4x12 (10x10x365cm) Pressure-Treated Wood Posts (4) (purchase at local building center)
Concrete Ready Mix (4) (purchase at local building center)
Most commercially available pressure treated 4×4 posts are milled to 3 1/2” x 3 1/2“ (8.9×8.9cm).
The wood posts cannot exceed 3 5/8” x 3 5/8“ (9.2×9.2cm) square in order to fit inside the round post inner channels.
Round Post Bracket Kit (purchase from www.newenglandarbors.com or a retailer of our products)
Included in the Round Post Bracket Kit:
– Galvanized Steel Brackets (4)
– #8 x 1 1/2” (4x38mm) Wood Screws (4)
– 5/16 x 3“ (8×76.2mm) Lag Screws (12)
Refer to the Bracket Kit instructions for hardware requirements, as they pertain to your application:
If mounting pergola onto an existing concrete surface:
• 3/8” x 3“ (6×76.2mm) Concrete Sleeve Anchors – (16)
• 5/16” (8mm) Concrete drill bit. Minimum 3“ (76mm) long (1)
If mounting pergola onto a wooden/composite deck:
• 5/16” x ?“ (8x?mm) Lag Bolts (16) (Bolt length depends on thickness of deck)
• 5/16” (8mm) Washers (32)
• 9/64” (3.5mm) Wood drill bit. Minimum 3“ (76mm) long (1)
If mounting pergola onto a wooden/composite deck with AN ACCESSIBLE UNDERSIDE:
• 5/16” x ?“ (8x?mm) Bolts and Nylon-Insert Lock Nuts (16) (Bolt length depends on blocking material)
• 5/16” (8mm) Washers (32)
• 5/16” (8mm) Wood drill bit. Minimum 3“ (76mm) long (1)
• 2×10” (5.1x25cm) Wood Blocks (4) to be secured between the deck joists, to provide adequate support for the pergola posts.
Submit your review
II ordered two of these elegant pergolas to put side by side next to my house to provide shade and privacy. Erin, New England Arbor's customer service representative, was incredibly helpful with useful recommendations. I was also very pleased at how quickly the pergolas arrived in a matter of a few days. So excited to put them up next week!